Friday, December 29

As promised...

East meets West

As promised, the first of many blurred and pixelated images snapped on a telephone to come your way.
I used to work here. Before my years of vancouverism. This is just off of Soho Square in London. The fact that there are four muslim women in burkhas strolling past is more of a coincidence than anything else, although it does paint a cutting image. More poignant than I had meant my quick-snap-of-place-i-used-to-work-at to be.

One of the most exciting things about being back in the east end is the overwhelming accessibilty of great curry. I mean, really good curry.
In honour of a tradition instigated with wade and jo, I celebrated Christmas with such an indulgence - A great Chicken Korma. I have been celebrating since, with Prawn Curry, Chicken Dhosa, Lamb Vindaloo, Chicken Tikka Massala, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Dhansak, Butter Chicken and a bloody amazing Lamb Roganjosh.

My bro at tonight's currying bonanza - this is actually the only picture of him I own where his middle finger is not the focal point of the image

After 3 weeks of exhaustion/laziness, I also finally got the router in yesterday.
Resisting no temptation to remain calm and relaxed, my landlord's ageing peecee received the fullest helping of a distinctly unrefined section of my vernacular.
Eventually after half an hour talking to an indian fellow outsourced ntl helpline employee, the router and the peecee decided to talk nicely and even let the mac join in not too much later.
For the techies, I went with a D-Link DWL-922 which seems to do well with either XP or OSX.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home