Sunday, August 13

no room for hate in london.


London's financial district.

I had the good fortune to grow up and live in one of the most creative, exciting and multicultural cities I've ever been to - London.
Call me biased (I am!) there are millions who would also agree with me.

I have to admit, however, that after seeing the reports and newsflashes on the latest bomb plots in the UK my initial surprise subsided pretty quickly.
Ever since the threat of an Al Qaeda attack in London became reality on July 7th 2005, and with the failed follow up attacks soon after, I imagine the feeling that more would come sooner or later has never really lifted.

What could be frightening is the potential for my London to eventually become a hotbed of fear, panic, loathe and hatred - residing under a continual threat of terror and attack.
(All the arrested were UK citizens, 15 from London's eastend.)
I can't stand the thought of my home turning into this.

To quote a hero, what if the most threatening thing in the world today is not terrorism? What if it's not economic instability, drugs, crime or even the axis of evil?

What if the most threatening thing in the world today is simply a lack of goodness?

Where would we take it?
Where do we go from here?

4 Comments:

Blogger Corey said...

hasnt the world always lacked "goodness"?

12:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ralph!
this is deb.
how are things buddy?
things in london (the REAL london that is) are good.
are you still in vancouver?
anyway hope to talk to you soon.
blessings.

7:31 am  
Blogger Larph said...

wow, deb great to hear from you.

funny thing is I've been emailing with a friend from London (london-london) called Deb, too, so I was a little confused.

yup, Im still in vancouver for the time being, Ill shoot you and email and let you know what I'm trying to do!

let me know how you are if you have time...

6:35 am  
Blogger Corey said...

The guys who made the Matrix have an answer for where they believe we might go, just watch V for Vendetta.

Interesting.

5:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home