Saturday, August 5

My Prog-rock confession

This morning whilst laying listless and fatigued, the strangest memory resurfaced from the dusty depths of my subconscious.

Back in 1997, I am not in the least bit ashamed to admit that I developed more than a passing interest in Prog-rock.
That's not to say that I had fully committed myself to a Rick Wakeman inspired Pink Floydian arcadia, although I had my moments.

Without a doubt, the highlight being Mansun - a Scouser band with bad haircuts, song titles like:"Take it easy, Chicken", and a penchant for reasonably obtuse concept albums.
They did, however, have their moments of brilliance, and I thought I'd present you with the news that I woke up to on the radio April 18th 1997 and perhaps you'll laugh like I did on that morning.

The following video was filmed at Liverpool St Station in London, and contains footage of frenzied capital city commuters, £25,000 in cash and an unhealthily large amount of Prog-rock.

You have been warned.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I wish I was in liverpool...money.... oh how i want you.
I mean..., umm Ilike pie!

7:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home