Sunday, July 23

Timmy's


Well, here I am sitting in one of the most audacious temples ever dedicated to consumerism - West Edmonton Mall.
And I am bored out of my crust.

We drove here from Yellowknife through the day, bypassing our original stop at Peace River.
Arriving in Edmonton late last night, we received quite a shock to find out the there was some sort of Grande Prix going on here, and that all of the rooms in the city were booked out.

Thankfully, Randy managed to hustle us a couple of rooms for the night to lay our weary heads, and with a few goodbyes this morning I have parted ways with my team.
Paul and Stu are tying things up in Yellowknife, I'm here in Edmonton and Randy, Nam-Su and Luc are winging their way back to Vancouver as I write this.

Over the course of this two week road trip, I have covered approximately 7,500 kms, consumed around 30 cups of coffee, stayed in 6 different locations and experienced 3 sugar highs. Maybe 3.5

I have also observed that possibly the only time and place that Canadians resemble any semblance of "Jerk-ism" or "all-out-bitchage" appears to be in the lineup for Tim Horton's.
And that's all I will say.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

on behalf of my country I appolgize of the tim hortons line up and for the un"canadian" service due to the stress the clerk must be feeling when looking at said line.

I sure hope the dohnut was yummy though.

11:26 pm  
Blogger Kristina said...

only 30 cups? thats a bit low, dont you think? tsk. tsk.

12:21 pm  
Blogger globebug said...

hey ralphie, just trying to catch up on your blog, relieved to see its still going. :) so when are you popping back to london? is that still on the cards or has it been forgotten & replaced by this across canada thing?

have fun, wont you and greet those who still remember me (which is probably none since randall's left!).
h. x

6:22 am  
Blogger Leanne said...

to the ralphinator...i miss you. seems as if things are going well for you. you'll have to write me soon. and seriously, only 30 cups? what's with that? i thought you were an addict!

2:18 pm  
Blogger Larph said...

ryan - apple fritter

stina - cutting down. you know how it is.

heids - email coming your way

leanne - miss you too, things good out in the heartland?!

5:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home