Sunday, March 5

memories...

"I'm not going to ask you again, give me your dinner money. Now."

My eyes peered out from within the defensive shell I had created for myself.
Billy's raised and waivering fist occasionally offered a snapshot in solace by blocking the stinging summer light offered by a an oft absent London sun.

"Where is it?! Come on!"
Another plume of spittle is rejected by Billy's wobbling and frothing embouchement.
I couldn't afford to give Billy my parent's hard earned cash again. Mum would kill me, and Dad was constantly berating me for not standing up for myself.

"Billy!" I pleaded.
"Please don't do this!"

"Don't make me stick your face in the toilet again... I'll do it... I'll do it..."
Billy upped his menacing grin.

"Oi, you two!" Bellowed Amanda.
"Get your arses inside. Your both late for your shifts - again."
Our standoff is thankfully interupted, and I am provided with another short-lived repreive.

Amanda our shift manager and general store hard-woman stood abreast of the front doors and continued to administer a more than healthy dose of the female-death-stare.

"Billy stop picking on him, and you - stand up for yourself."
"Honestly, for two grown men..."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm curious about this....
tell me more sometime
jo

7:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home