Wednesday, November 23

leavingonajetplane


Tonight we had a going away shindig for Ben.
Not so much going away, but leaving forever.
I cried for the first time in a year and a half. At least I think I cried. It was a strange hybrid between laughing really well and discovering tears from a deep well of sadness.
I felt the comfort and peace of assurance we will see each other again.
We often make cracks about groing old together and revelling in our senality; spraying kids with a hose pipe and abusing old-age leaway. Even opening up a pub together.
But there are nagging elements of truth to our joking which have almost become prophetic.
I love the friendship; I wouldnt change a thing.
I think that even God looks forward to it when we get together and laugh.
But for now my eyes will sting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home