Saturday, August 6

my thinking is changing


I was just thinking.

Since my exit from North Korea six weeks ago I have run into alot of people of who have been very interested in what is going on in the country.

Understandably, many people carry a sort of morbid fascination towards the place. They call it the "Hermit Kingdom" - the most isolated nation on the globe.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get political (and I have my own opinions), but the people of North Korea are not represented well in our western media.
We hear nothing of their virtues. Their hospitable nature, strong work ethic and - for the most part - innocent nature.
Its not uncommon to see young boys and even men walking down the street holding hands - an expression of friendship. There is no "suggestive advertising"; respect for elders is paramount.

I'm a little tired of hearing the same things.
Sure, the government is one thing, but who will represent the people?

Can we alter our thinking a little?

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

great blog ralph. its great to hear what you are up too. there are lots of us now that have blogs so if you ever want to do more reading you can check us all out.
craig, jamie, kristina are all linked at mine.
davenheather.blogspot.com
it will be good to see you around again soon!

4:35 pm  
Blogger Kristina said...

hey nice to have your blog back, like the new name.

11:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home