Saturday, August 6

English Humour


I love English humour.

There's nothing like it in the world, really.
Im not talking about the man-dressed-up-in-womens-clothing type English humour. (Which, judging by korean television is not solely confined to the British shores).
I just really miss the wit and parody.
"Have I Got News For You". "Red Dwarf".
Love it.

Whilst in China I happened upon a gem of a discovery; the "Blackadder" dvd boxset. Three quid, so obviuosly not 100% genuine, but it certainly helped wile the solitary hours away in dprk.

A couple of weeks ago I read a review for a set of books in a national rag parodying the "Harry Potter" phenonomen.
Titles include: "Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody"
"Barry Trotter and the Unnecessary Sequel"
and my personal favourite: "Barry Trotter and the Dead Horse".

Great stuff, init?

Will write something worthwhile as soon as I receive a reply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home