Monday, August 29

Be careful


If you ever come to seoul; be very careful.

You will at some point no doubt be making a trip on the extensive subway system here.
On the dark green line there is a stop called: "Seoul National University."
Half an hour later, another stop called: "Seoul National University of Education."

Be warned - these stops are in no way related to each other by geography and are VERY FAR APART.

On saturday night I was making my way home from an evening in Bundang.
Caught the subway near Gangnam, and lost track of the time.
About half an hour later I look up to see where I am.
"Ah!" Seoul National University, I think to myself, and jump off only to realise that this is not my stop.

And as I stand dormant on the platform I become uncomfortably aware that I am the only person standing on this platform.
And then like a scene from a movie, the lights are shut off.
Cleaners begin to appear, and the terrible truth begins to dawn.

I had always managed to avoid this predicament in London; trying to make it back on the yriad of nightbus options never seemed particularly palatable to me.
But Seoul is different, and even nightbuses shut down too early here.

The long and short of it I fumble through a few bus options before finding a cab that understood my conglish.

You have been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home