Thursday, March 31

Packing pt2: Dispelling a myth

It's official.

After years of to-ing and fro-ing, I can officially confirm that "flat-packing" is a far more economic form of packing compared to the "rolling" method.

I packed my suitcase over the weekend first using the time honoured "rolling" method, and then re-packing using the same clothes and employing the "flat-packing" approach.

To be more specific, I found I had at least a half-cubic foot of extra space in my case, allowing the addition of a few socks and an extra pair of shoes.

In other news my ticket to Asia has been purchased, and I arrive in Hong Kong on monday/tuesday depending on time differences. I'll be travelling with a small group, and we are all extremely excited and anticipating a fantastic experience.

China and East Asia has been on my mind and heart for many years... what will happen when the souls of my feet finally touch the land? I'll be in Hong Kong for 2 weeks before moving onto Kunming in Yunnan province.

I'll keep you posted. Assuming there is anyone out there who is reading this.

If someone blogs in the Amazon, and there is no-one to read it...?

*For those of you not familiar with various packing methods, flat-packing is a reference to laying out shirts, trousers etc in the case flat as opposed to rolled. Self explanitory, really.*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg ralph!!!
i cant believe you use a blog thingy dudey!! (oh this is deb by the way!!!) hahahahha
anyway i recieved your email about your journeys to asia.....and i wrote you an email but decided to leave you a quick line here too!!! just b/c i'm nice like that....puahahahah.....aaaaand it seemed like you were sad that no one read your blogs.....i love reading ppl's blogs!!!
ok.....byeei!!
deb

7:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sorry ralph, but I think your packing experiment is a fluke. I'm a die hard roller, I sear by it. I have done the experiment myself and found opposite results. perhaps you're a bad roller. I will admit, though, that thick clothing, like sweaters and such are better off flat, but that's all Im give'n you.

9:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home